It has been a crazy year! We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy as the pandemic continues. During this time of uncertainty, we are thankful for each of you!
With so much schooling done remotely, students need us more than ever. For most students, online instruction is much more difficult, especially in math. Not only have you helped these struggling students, but you have also helped to take some pressure off of their teachers and school administrators!
Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week and to help you celebrate, we created a video for you. Thank you for everything you do!
Guidelines for Tutor Spotlight
We have not been receiving many submissions for the Tutor Spotlight. In fact, last time, we had 0 submissions. Javier asked a great question the other day about guidelines for submitting a session for the Tutor Spotlight, which made us realize that perhaps that’s why we’re not getting many submissions.
We are looking for sessions where:
- The student has a positive experience marked by the student
- Being very willing to do the work
- Leaving a positive rating
- Being positive in the session
- You do a solid job on implementing UPSCR
In the submission, we want to see a summary of what made your session successful. This could be highlighting a specific moment, like if you found the perfect explanation for the student. Or it could be the session as a whole because sometimes there isn’t just 1 stand-out moment. Thank you for bringing this to our attention to ensure we are constantly striving to improve.
Next week, we will pick our next tutor spotlight. Please fill out the Tutor Spotlight Nomination form so we can continue to celebrate the amazing interactions you have with students! Reminder that there is a $25 reward for being featured!
Student Feedback Award
Congratulations to Pralhad Mohan Shinde for earning the Outstanding Student Feedback Award! This award is given to tutors who receive consistent, outstanding written feedback from students over several weeks along with demonstrating excellent overall performance.
Some of Pralhad’s exceptional student feedback comments include:
- “That was awesome, thank you so much!”
- “He was super patient and very good at explaining things.”
- “he worked really fast and was on my pace”
- “Very Great Teaching/Understanding.”
- “This was my first time using yup and he made me feel really comfortable”
- “Thank you for helping me get through the problems and giving examples for more clarification!!”
- “Thank you! You helped me to solve this problem, and I actually understand!”
Way to go Pralhad!