Our January Outstanding Student Feedback Winner
Congratulations to Pralhad Mohan Shinde for earning the Outstanding Student Feedback Award! This award is given to tutors who receive consistent, outstanding written feedback from students over several weeks along with demonstrating excellent overall performance.
Some of Pralhad’s exceptional student feedback comments include:
- “He was an amazing teacher, he worked me through the problem and helped me find the CORRECT solution.”
- “Thank you so much. I was feeling very discouraged when I first looked at the questions but you helped me realize that I can do it!”
- “Thank you! Helped me learn what to do quickly and in a super positive way! :)”
Way to go Pralhad!
Tutor Satisfaction Survey
This month our Tutor Survey focuses on gathering your feedback for upcoming tutor experience product features! Our goal is to improve all of our visualization / graphing functions. We’d love to understand what tools you use and any recommendations you have for implementation. This product feature prioritization is a direct result of tutor feedback in our Slack channel – thank you so much for your continued input!
TGP Refresh / Payroll
Thanks to everyone for helping us with a smooth transition into the next cycle. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hi team! Short newsfeed post today!
Updated Equation Writing
As some of you may have noticed, we have updated the equation writing feature on our whiteboard. We understand that using LaTeX was a bit cumbersome, so we’ve updated our language. We are including a guide on how to use the language. Please see the column labeled “TeX alt” and feel free to practice with it in the practice dashboard.
We are planning to do a larger overhaul of the equation writing feature (and whiteboard) in the coming months, so stay tuned!
TGP Refresh Plan
A quick reminder that the current TGP cycle ends today! All disputes are due by 11:59 PM PT 2/2. Please review last week’s Newsfeed Post for more detailed information.
Hi team! We want to provide a quick update on the upcoming TGP Refresh. For those who were around for the last refresh, the process will look quite similar per the positive feedback we received.
Please see below for the timeline:
- 2/2: All session disputes are due by 11:59pm PT Sunday
- 2/3 5pm PT: All disputes processed and new levels communicated via email (we will also keep tutor workbooks set to the winter cycle so you can verify metrics)
- 2/3-2/4 5pm PT: Any tutors moving down levels will have 24 hours to remove hours as needed; an email will explain the process for how to do so
- 2/4-2/5 5pm PT: New tutors moving to Level 2 and all Level 4 tutors will have the chance to add hours; an email will explain the process for how to do so
- 2/5-2/6 5pm PT: Other tutors moving up to Level 2 and all Level 3 tutors will have the chance to add hours; an email will explain the process for how to do so
- 2/6 Evening: New cycle schedules to be confirmed with all tutors via email
- 2/7: Typical 10am PT release for week of 2/10 will reflect new schedules
Additionally, a quick logistics reminder we hope you find helpful:
- Expect January payroll on February 5th per our typical policy
- January payroll rates will reflect current cycle Level
- New cycle Level will be applied starting February payroll
And for our US tutors, please note that we are sending out 1099s in the next week
- We are reaching out from email@example.com to confirm relevant information
- A number of tutors need to sign W9s – please do so ASAP (by 1/27)
- If you have moved recently, please let us know your updated address
As always, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Hi all, welcome back! We’re looking forward to this new semester with you.
Congratulations to Karthik Govindan for earning the Outstanding Student Feedback Award! This award is given to tutors who receive consistent, outstanding written feedback from students over several weeks along with demonstrating excellent overall performance.
Some of Karthik’s exceptional student feedback comments include:
- “My first math tutoring session ever and I’m happy to say it went really well”
- “thank you so much for the advice you gave me…I will be sure to use your strategies in the future. thank you :)”
- “you have tutored me twice this evening, and for both times, I am grateful. I appreciate the patience you have with my lack of concepts I have learned. you’ve taught me through examples, then asked me to apply them to my problem, making the problem solving experience better. thank you so much :)”
- “thank you so much for taking the time to help me! you went back to the question and resolved it just to double check, which I appreciate so we would stay on the same path. you made it easier to solve & we took the path that I was more comfortable, which I’m grateful for. thank you so so much for the assistance :)”
- “you tutored me just yesterday, and the session from yesterday went equally well as today’s…I appreciate all the help & explanations today, as you went at my pace. thank you so so much :)”
Way to go Karthik!
Happy Holidays Yup Tutors!
It is now officially winter break for most students in America. We hope you all enjoy your own well deserved breaks! The Yup Operations Team will also be working in a limited capacity during this time. Please expect delayed responses to any messages until we return on January 2nd. Reach out to email@example.com with any emergency questions or requests!
Disputes Policy Update
Per your feedback, we’ll be updating our dispute policy beginning in January 2020!
- Tutors will now be able to submit an unlimited number of disputes
- Dispute score minimum has been raised to 8
- However, once a tutor has their second dispute rejection in a month, no more disputes will be considered for that month – even if already submitted
- Disputes must be submitted within 7 days of grading or up until monthly deadline, whichever comes sooner
The goal of this policy is to allow maximal flexibility in submitting disputes without overloading Sharon, who personally reviews each dispute. We anticipate this new policy will allow for an increased number of disputes per tutor – but please be thoughtful about what sessions to dispute so as not to reach your limit!
As always, we are happy to hear feedback and will continue to iterate on these policies. Please note that amendments will not be made to session scores/categories/tags; we are only able to ignore scores. Additionally, we will continue to disallow tutor disputes of thumbs up/thumbs down at this time, on the grounds that such disputes are often too subjective.
Thank you and happy tutoring!