- If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to take our quick Tutor Satisfaction Survey to provide us with feedback in a number of areas!
- Using our new GIF whiteboard function to share a moving image with a student? Please ask them to click on the image to put the GIF into motion!
FEEDBACK WANTED – ACHIEVEMENT BADGES
We’re expanding our existing Stars feature to include additional Achievements that students can earn. But we need your help to make sure they’re intuitive and easy to use!
The following survey will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete. Your answers are extremely helpful and will make the new Achievements feature even better!
Student Achievements – User Experience Survey
If you have any additional comments about the feature, please don’t hesitate to let us know via the #new-ideas room on Slack!
YUP COMPANY REBRAND
Our Product Team has been working hard to rebrand Yup with a new look and feel and we’re exited to share the updated website with you all!
In the past, Yup used bright colors, a fun unicorn icon and colloquial language to appeal to students. As many of you know, we are shifting our focus to target parents during the sales process. Therefore, we overhauled Yup’s image to create an identity that is appealing to both students and parents alike.
Check out the new look at Yup.com and as always, your feedback is welcome (and highly valued!)
— Team Yup
We’d like to extend a huge thank you to all of you who participated in our first Tutor Satisfaction Survey!
- Over 60% of the tutor community completed the survey last month
- The Operations Team presented the feedback from this survey to the entire company, driving thoughtful conversations
- We’d like to especially thank those of you who took the time to provide thoughtful comments and suggestions
This month’s survey will be exploring the following areas:
- Which technology improvement would be most helpful to you?
- What feedback do you have on the new whiteboard features?
Your input will directly impact our strategy for improving your tutoring experience! Take the survey now:
September Tutor Satisfaction Survey
Thank you for your participation and happy tutoring!
— Team Yup
NEW DASHBOARD FEATURE: GIFs!
We’re excited to announce a new feature that you will start seeing on your tutor dashboard today. This feature allows you to record your drawings on the whiteboard to make a GIF!
You will be able to use this feature in three simple steps:
- You will see a “REC” button with a red circle at the bottom of the whiteboard controls. If you press this, it will start recording the actions you take within the whiteboard area.
- A green loading bar will move across the button. You can either wait until this bar reaches the end of the button, which takes 10 seconds, or you can press “stop” to stop recording earlier.
- A dialog will appear with a preview of the gif, and will ask whether or not you want to send it. If you do send the GIF, remember to tell the student that you’ve just sent an animated gif and that they can tap it to watch it.
Here is the process in real time:
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this feature.
— Team Yup
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM LAUNCH
We are proud to announce the official start to our Tutor Mentorship Program! After an initial trial run, we have made some exciting improvements, including the ability to set personal goals with your TQM mentor and complete targeted exercises, such as annotating your past sessions to get a sense of how they could have gone better.
Check out the following document to find out more about the program and keep an eye on your inbox – we will be contacting those who qualify to be in the program soon!
Yup Tutor Mentorship Program
TUTOR DASHBOARD FIXES/UPDATES
- Many of you have reported a bug causing issues with the post-session survey page at the end of the session. If you are having issues submitting this form or are seeing the form return after you have already submitted it, please refresh the page to ensure the Tutor Dashboard loads back to the session waiting room.
- This week we will be releasing updates to the Tutor Dashboard, specifically the whiteboard, that will fix many reported issues while adding a very exciting and long-awaited new feature: a built-in image gallery! This gallery is will continue to grow and we welcome your suggestions in the New Ideas room on Slack.
As always, please keep us posted with bugs you experience by following the Bug Reporting Instructions . (Check out specifically the step that explains the Dev Console screenshot – this is the most important step for diagnosing the problem.)
— Team Yup
REPLACING HIPCHAT WITH SLACK
Starting immediately, we will begin transitioning from HipChat to Slack, a team messaging service that recently purchased HipChat’s parent company. The Yup HQ team has been using the Slack platform for several years now and we think you will be pleased with the upgrade!
This week you will receive an email invite that will allow you to login to the new service. Use the reset password option to set your new password.
In early September we will be disabling the Yup HipChat server, so please make sure to create your new Slack account before then. Please let us know if you have questions or do not receive an invite email before September!
SURVEY: GAVE ANSWER POLICY UPDATE
What are your thoughts on the recent Gave Answer policy change? Fill out this brief survey to let us know!
Gave Answer Policy Survey
— Team Yup