TUTOR SURVEY RESULTS
Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent Tutor Satisfaction Survey! Here are some of the high-level takeaways from your responses:
- OVERALL: The majority of the tutor team is satisfied with Yup, feels motivated/valued, and feels respected in communication with Ops
- FEATURES: Canned responses and the general interface were rated amongst the best tools, while content cards and the whiteboard were most often flagged for needing improvements
- SCHEDULING: Most of the team is satisfied with scheduling policies; one common request was to increase the frequency of scheduling issue emails (a change which has already been implemented – see below!)
- BONUSES: While the team generally understands the bonus system, we did receive helpful feedback regarding how bonuses could be more fairly administered/more reflective of performance
- EVALUATION/QA: Thoughts on the QA system are similar to that of bonuses – largely understood, but with feelings that there may be better ways we could go about assessing performance or grading sessions
Short Term Solutions:
- Increased frequency of scheduling issue emails to weekly
- Addition of #random slack channel to strengthen community (see below!)
- Revisiting eligible vs. ineligible sessions and how we grade them
- Following-up on feedback from tutors more often via newsfeed/Slack/1:1
- Revisit and communicate TQM role application process
Long Term Solutions:
- Upcoming bonus analysis and revisit
- Consideration on how to address multi-problem sessions
- Reworking of evaluative process to be more fair, and more clearly communicated
SUMMER SCHEDULE REMINDER
As many of you know, Yup functions on a reduced schedule every summer to adapt to a decrease in traffic. This year, we will be implementing the reduced summer schedule starting Monday, June 10th.
If you have preferred hours to give up, please submit an “Update Availability” request via the Yup Scheduling Form by this Sunday, June 2nd. You will then receive a new, temporary schedule from us by June 5th.
NEW SLACK CHANNEL – #random
Going through Tutor Survey responses, we saw multiple suggestions for a less formal Slack channel in which tutors can connect on a personal level. We are so excited for you all to use the new #random channel to get to know each other and put personalities to the names you often see. If you haven’t already done so, please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your background and what is important to you when you aren’t teaching math!
— Team Yup