Hi Yup Tutors!
Based on your feedback, we’re excited to announce new guidelines for how Yup will engage with Tutor Slack effectively.
Yup will engage with Tutor Slack based on the following guidelines. We ask that Tutors exhaust other resources before reaching out to us directly, such as checking Policy Guides in our Resources Page or reaching out to other Yup Tutors.
|Announcements||Ops (Henry)||As needed|
|Bug Reporting||Ops (Henry)||Emergencies; Update Posts|
|Emergency Response||Ops (Henry)||As needed|
|General||Ops (Sharon)||As needed|
|Math Help||Ops (Sharon)||As needed|
|New Ideas||Ops (Henry)||Once per week (Friday EOD)|
|Scheduling||Ops (Henry)||As needed|
|Student Feedback||CS (Jayda)||Emergencies; Update Posts|
|Yup Chat||Ops||Once per day (EOD)|
|Direct Messages||NA||Once per day (EOD)|
We’ve updated our Bug Reporting Instructions to create a more streamlined way to track and fix bugs. While we encourage all tutors to review in detail, here are the most important commitments:
- Provide clear guidelines on how to report bugs through a Tutor Guide
- Offer a simple, quick-to-complete process for tutors to submit bugs
- Post ad-hoc updates in the #bug-reporting channel that cover:
- Bug diagnosis, prioritization, and completed fixes
- Recommended quick-fix tips for specific bugs (e.g., cache clearing)
- Agree to report all bugs using the designated reporting tools
- Include all relevant detail – the more information, the easier to fix!
- Understand that Yup cannot respond to each report, but is aggregating information to prioritize and fix bugs as quickly as possible
We’ve also updated our Student Feedback Reporting Instructions to create a more streamlined way to track behavioral gaps and reach out to students. While we encourage all tutors to review in detail, here are the most important commitments:
- Customer Success (CS) team will use submissions to the Student Behavior form to aggregate information and prioritize to resolve the most prominent student behavior issues
- When an incident warrants outreach to the student, parent, or teacher a CS Team member will be assigned to the case. They will notify the #student_feedback slack channel our outreach plan and update accordingly
- Become familiar with the Levels of Student Behavior chart (in document)
- Any Level 3 behavior should be submitted to the #student_feedback channel immediately. Please tag @nicole and @jayda in the channel.
- Use Student Behavior form for all feedback (Level 1 through 3) to submit a request for CS to investigate a student.
- Use #student_feedback slack channel to notify other tutors about the student
Last but not least, a huge thank you to Yup Tutors. We think what we’re all doing together with UPSCR is completely revolutionary for online tutoring and a true move in the right direction to making sure students come out of a tutoring session having learned, not just gotten to an answer. And we’re excited for what the future holds!
As always, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and Happy Tutoring!