NEW FEATURE: LIVE WHITEBOARD
One of the most valuable ways to engage students is with visual aids that allow them to grasp a concept in ways that can’t be achieved with text alone. However, illustrating concepts and annotating images using the whiteboard does take time, and can unfortunately disrupt session flow.
To solve for this problem, we are introducing Live Whiteboard! We believe that if students can view tutors’ whiteboard in real time, this aspect of a session will feel less time-consuming. Imagine sitting in a classroom and watching your teacher write on the board; this feature mimics this experience to create a more engaging learning environment.
What does it look like for the tutor?
What does it look like for the student?
How does it work?
- When the Live feature is enabled, your student will be able to see anything that you put on the whiteboard
- You do not need to change anything you do! Just be aware that when you add items to the whiteboard, your student can see them.
- It is still important to send an image once you’re finished working on it
- If you don’t send an image, your student can see it but won’t be able to refer back to it later on (and you won’t be able to reuse it from the gallery.)
- A stable internet connection is vital in order for the feature to function
- The live option whiteboard will be disabled if either your internet connection or the student’s isn’t stable.
This feature will be launching next week for most students. As always, please let us know about any feedback (good or bad!) in the #new-ideas channel on Slack!
REMINDER: TUTOR SATISFACTION SURVEY
If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to complete the compensated Yup Tutor Satisfaction Survey.
Because this survey covers a lot of areas of being a Yup tutor and will take time to complete, we are offering 1-hour of compensation for completing the survey thoughtfully and within the given deadline. We ask that you complete the survey no later than 11:59PM PDT on Monday, May 13th.
Your responses will aid us in making important policy changes and feature improvements while giving us a general sense of what we can do to ensure you are having a rewarding experience on the Yup team!
— Team Yup