As many of you know, the Yup Tutor Operations team recently welcomed a new member, Henry Grunzweig, to manage hiring and scheduling. Henry is delighted to be working with you all! As he takes on this new role, here are a few reminders to help make the scheduling system run smoothly for everyone:
- Take care to click the “End Shift” button when finishing shift to ensure we are accurately logging your shift time. Refreshing the page after clicking will confirm if the shift is ended.
- Whenever possible, please use the Scheduling Form to let us know about shift changes rather than emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly. For shift takeovers, both tutors are expected to submit a form. Take care to ensure all the information in the form is correct to avoid confusion (AM vs. PM and Pacific Time zone for example.)
- Avoid claiming new shifts unless you are confident you will be able to commit to covering them. For temporary available shifts, check the Claimed Shifts sheet to see which shifts you have claimed.
We recently worked with a data analyst and PhD student out of Stanford University to learn more about how our new Achievements feature impacts student learning. Here are some of the findings from the session analysis that we are excited to share.
Students who receive an Achievement are more likely to:
- Reach Gap Bridged
- Give the session a ‘Thumbs Up’/5-Star rating
- Tag a session as “Fast Teaching” or “Fast Typing“
- Return to the app for another session
Overall, trends suggest that students have a more enjoyable experience when they earn achievements!
Here are our top Achievement senders since the feature launch:
- Mark Leibtog – 1560 achievements sent
- Usharani PV – 1444 achievements sent
- Kristine Dale Alcaide – 815 achievements sent
Great work, tutors! Going forward, let’s aim to not only send multiple achievements in every session, but to use authentic language when sending them. For example rather than saying “Here – take a Great Grit badge!“, explaining “Way to push through a tough problem – you earned a Great Grit achievement 🙂” will make the experience more meaningful for the student.
— Team Yup