NEW FEATURE UPDATES
Recently we reached out to the tutor team to collect fun biography facts – everything from your favorite food to your dream job. We have used these answers to create tutor bios which students can access from the session screen. This feature is live as of today!
We believe that providing students with context about their tutors will create a more human learning experience. Your student can interact with the cards and ‘heart’ them if they enjoy the fact. Some students may even ask you about your answers – we invite you to engage with the student while keeping professionalism in mind!
New Whiteboard Updates
Today, we released an whiteboard update that will enable you to zoom in on and rotate student and whiteboard gallery images to speed up the image reviewing process. As part of this update, we also gave the whiteboard tools pane a refresh.
Check out the new whiteboard guide for details and instructions!
- Another part of this update are fixes to commonly-encountered whiteboard rotation issues – if you select a landscape image from the session images pane or the chat stream, the whiteboard orientation will now automatically adjust to landscape.
- Coming soon: when students take photos in landscape orientation, we will attempt to detect that and display the image in landscape orientation without you needing to rotate it first.
OUTSTANDING STUDENT FEEDBACK AWARD
Congratulations to Bryan Rock for earning the Outstanding Student Feedback Award! This award is given to tutors who receive consistent, outstanding written feedback from students over several weeks along with demonstrating excellent overall performance. Way to go Bryan!
Some of Bryan’s exceptional student feedback comments include:
- “Thank you for your help! That problem was confusing me, and the sample my book had did not make much sense. Thanks for helping me learn how to solve it!!”
- “I understand now! We finished right in time, and I now know what the steps are! Thank you!”
- “You make algebra seem simple! Thanks for your help!”
- “I hope i get him again i loved his teaching it was great I totally recommend him for other students.😃”
- “Thank you very much! I’ll be able to do the rest of the problems on my own now :)”
— Team Yup