FEBRUARY SURVEY REMINDER: If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to take the quick February Tutor Satisfaction Survey!
NEW ANSWER CHECK POLICY
Starting immediately, we will be taking a new approach for sessions in which students come to us with solutions to be checked rather than problems to be solved:
- While most sessions are submitted by users who need help solving, some students have already solved and simply need their answer confirmed
- This new policy gives tutors the go-ahead to confirm answers at face value, as long as they at least encourage the student to share work before confirming the answer
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this!
INACTIVE STUDENT REMINDERS
Late last year, we removed faulty automatic system timers that were (unreliably) ending sessions in which students were inactive for a set amount of time.
Since this change, it has been up to the tutor to end the session when a student becomes inactive – after sending the appropriate canned response. See below for reminders for inactive student procedure.
- There are two situations in which you are expected to manually end the session due to inactivity so you can be rematched
- The student does not send a message to the chatroom within 2 minutes of the session beginning
- The student does not respond to a question for 5 minutes and is unresponsive when checked on
- Once the session has concluded and the student confirms that they don’t have more problems/questions, it is acceptable to end the session before 5 minutes have passed
- For example, if you have said goodbye to the student and they don’t end the session, end the session manually so you can be rematched.
— Team Yup