INACTIVE STUDENT BUG
As many of you may have noticed, we have recently seen an increase in sessions affected by a bug which triggers the inactive student auto-end feature, even when the student is active in the session.
In order to address this issue, we have removed the trigger altogether – this means it will be up to tutors to end sessions in which the student stops responding. Here are the two situations for which you would need to manually end the session:
- The student does not send a message to the chatroom within 2 minutes of the session beginning
- The student does not respond to a question for 5 minutes and is unresponsive when checked on
We have added new Canned Responses to the Session Ending category to accomodate to the above situations. Please be sure to send the appropriate Canned Response before ending the session.
- If you are hoping to take time off in the coming weeks, please fill out the Scheduling Form using the “Time off Request” option as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly.
- Note that even if you do not request time off, you will likely see a temporary reduction in your weekly hours to adapt to the expected decline in traffic. If there are certain shifts you would prefer to give up, please use the Time off option in the Scheduling Form to let us know.
- We will be in touch in the coming week to share your temporary holiday schedule, which will likely go into effect for the period of 12/24 – 1/6.
Have a great weekend, tutors!